10/18/07

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO - CARLA BRUNI

So this is a little outta left field, since I've been rambling on about weddings, but you simply must check out singer/songwriter Carla Bruni. Carla is the daughter of a composer and a pianist and (gulp) a former supermodel. As my ‘day job’ in ‘in the business’ I’d heard she left ages ago to start a singing career, but shamefully blew it off and never bothered to give her a listen until today when my co-worker was playing her at the office. Bruni, who writes all of her own beautiful songs in English, French and Italian, performs with an element of breathy, ‘understated loveliness”. I can actually imagine some of her songs being played during a cocktail hour at a beautiful garden wedding. You can also check her out on itunes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Arnold M said...

Lovely blog you haave here

 
- -