10/25/07

BRIDAL GARDEN

If you happen to be looking for a wedding dress in NYC or the tri-state area and have champagne taste on a beer budget (like me ; ) definitely check out Bridal Garden . Bridal Garden is a not for profit resale boutique benefiting disadvantaged children in New York City. They sell donated couture and high end designer dresses (Amsale, Amy Kuschel, Anne Barge,Vera Wang, Reem Acra, Monique Lhuillier, and Carolina Herrera to name a few). I got my Eugenia dress here for a steel (a $3500 dress for $1200, not bad). I was in a hurry as my original dress had been ruined a month before my wedding (that's a story for another post) and the saleswoman, Gina, was very understanding and helpful and even made my cathedral legnth veil in a matter of days. She, and the other talented ladies who work there, also do alterations. They're by appointment only as their space is tiny and they like to provide individual attention to each bride. (212-252-0661; 54 W. 21st St., nr. Fifth Ave., Ste. 907.) If we're going to spend so much money on a dress we'll only wear for one day, it's nice to know that by buying it at Bridal Garden, the money is going to good use. Here's a couple of shots of me in my Bridal Garden scores...



No comments:

 
- -