2/20/08

LYME DISEASE (AGAIN)

More wedding goodness to follow I promise, including a gorgeous "real wedding" at a Chateau outside Paris...but in the meantime since as I've previously posted I was recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease as well as Ehrlichiosis : ( and additionally my husband struggled to get diagnosed with Lyme for years. (you can read more about that here) I'd like to take this opportunity to let you guys know about an event coming up in that will be held at the New York Times Center in Times Square, NYC on March 31st for an exclusive preview of a brilliant documentary from Director Andy Abrahams Wilson called "Under Our Skin". It's a truly groundbreaking new film about what I believe is really the most ridiculously underdiagnosed for purely political and finacial reasons disease. Take a look at the trailor here. It's really eye opening.

The event is being hosted by the Turn the Corner foundation. A national organization dedicated to research, education, awareness and innovative treatments for Lyme disease as well as other tick borne diseases, such as Ehrlichiosis.

For more information or to purchase tickets go to www.turnthecorner.org/underourskin2008

Hope to see some of your there!

3 comments:

Ez said...

Thank you so much for posting this today!
I cried as I watched the trailer for this film... it just brought up so many emotions for me.

When I discovered that I had been bitten by an infected tick the doctors told me that I was fine... that they didn't find any Lyme in my blood. But we insisted that they give me the drug for it regardless. I am so thankful that we did... it wasn't until just recently that I realized that Lyme flows through your blood stream and therefore can be easily missed in blood tests.

I've been called a hypochondriac because of the many symptoms of this disease... sometimes I do feel like it must all be in my head. I know that I am so much luckier than so many others... and for that I am thankful. My thoughts are with them and with you as you fight this battle. You're not alone.

Hugs and love,
Ez

It's Lovely said...

Hi Ez,
I so know your pain. Please stay in touch and let me know how you're feeling. Where are you from? I have a wonderful doctor if you're in need.
Best,
Merrilee

Ez said...

Merrilee... thank you so much!
Well I went for years now thinking that my Lyme was completely gone... but have always had unexplained symptoms and I'm feeling as though this disease is the root cause.

Thanks for all the information. I actually think that my sister (who has had multiple medical labels applied to her and then removed: MS, chronic fatigue, etc.) has it... so this might be a big mystery solved for her!

Sending you lots of warm healing thoughts.

xox
Ez

PS. I live in California... what state are you from?

 
- -