12/19/07

THE ELEGANCE OF MATS GUSTAVSON

Swedish artist Mats Gustafson is one of my favorites and I wanted to take a moment to share his work with you. I’m drawn to the elegant simplicity of his line and his paired down aesthetic in general. (What I wouldn’t do for a portrait of myself like the image of Linda Evangelista below.) After graduating from the National College of Fine Arts in Stockholm Mats immediately starting working for Swedish magazines and stores. His work first appeared in British Vogue in 1978 and of course from there American Vogue soon followed. He continues to work today for art and fashion magazines such as Visionaire as well as for mainstream advertising clients who appreciate the fact that he can capture the essence of their garments and products perfectly within just a few strokes of his brush.


1 comment:

blah said...

Dear Lovely,

I just wanted to thank you so much for voting for my submission in the ABT Christmas competition :-) and that last painting on the right of this post is most delicious I might add:-)
Take care & Merry Christmas!

Felicity

 
- -